Saturday, August 27, 2005

grilled corn on the cob with dijon and sweet chilli butter

12 or more cobs of fresh corn

½ cup butter
2 tbs grainy Dijon mustard
3 tbs sweet chilli sauce
salt/pepper

For the corn: Peel back husks and remove silks. Fold husks back over the corn and place in a large container in which they can be covered with cold water (a bucket or a clean dish bin work well). Let soak for an hour (this will help prevent the leaves from burning on the grill and allow the corn to steam inside the leaves).

Place cobs on grill that’s been preheated to medium-hot. Cook until corn is tender and leaves are charred. Remove leaves and serve hot with butter.

For the butter: In a small pot, melt butter. Add Dijon, sweet chilli sauce and salt and pepper. Drizzle or brush over roasted cobs of corn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of your recipes look so delicious but I can't eat wheat so am limited. Haven't tried any yet but plan to soon.
Oakley

Anonymous said...

Do you have a recipe for grape syrup. Our grapes have done so well that we can't make anymore grape jelly, but still have loads left and so I thought that grape syrup would be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Darcie,

Mmmm...good! The aromas wafting from my oven are absolutely delightful! Your recipe for Banana Bread not only smells wonderful but looks great in the oven. I'm sure it is the best ever banana bread! We will soon find out.

Thanks for sharing your grandma's reipe and all the others in previous editions. This is my first visit to your website and I am excited about perusing it further. Keep up the great work posting recipes; it is very much appreciated indeed!!!

Carol Ogilvie (Westbank, BC)

Anonymous said...

Thank-you Darcie for taking the time to share with us all these wonderful recipes! I look forward to trying many of them out. I have included your web site in my list of favourites so that I can easily access it.

Thank you again,
Barb Collins
Kamloops

darcie said...

Yay! Thanks to everyone who's responded. I love connecting with fellow foodies.

As for grape syrup, I don't have a recipe, but what a good idea. For the moment, I'd suggest leaving out the gelling agent from the jelly and simmering the juice/sugar mixture until it runs thick on a cold plate. I'll put it on my list of things to investigate, though.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for posting this website I look forward to your column in this week and will check out the website for inspiration.